Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Perspective

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in.


"Mommy, I'm Hungry." Despite the rushing and chaos of the moment, those words stopped me. My 2 year old uttered them with the saddest of faces and the saddest of voices. His pitifully cute eyes pierced my heart. In that moment though, I was also pierced by the realization that for many moms those words hold a heavy weight of sadness. I was in the kitchen ready to respond to his plea with dinner, but for those living in poverty, there is no food to fill that hungry belly. My son may not know the pain of true hunger, but there's countless children who feel that pain daily. As moms, we ache at the thought of our children in pain. I thought about the moms out there that had heard those words today and were helpless to respond. How their heart must ache. We've been facing new financial challenges recently as we're adjusting to me staying home full time. Things were put into perspective for me that night in the kitchen. Did I have food to feed my children? YES! That alone is a reason to give thanks.

Here are a few ways you can help those who truly are hungry.
Donate to your local food pantry
Sponsor a child at Children's Cup
Click Here to give free food

No comments:

Post a Comment